FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW CAN I HELP BRING THIS PROGRAM TO OTHERS?
- Donations are greatly appreciated, and ensure that people of all ages and abilities will continue to relive fond memories and make new ones aboard our wheelchair accessible pontoon boat!
- Sponsor boat trips for up to ten people for $300 (2 hr trip)
- Sponsor a special event for family, friends, staff, or other group.
- Donate new or gently used fishing equipment or tackle.
- Visit us at facebook.com/livewellgofish! Like, share, and comment!
WHERE DO WE MEET TO BOARD THE BOAT?
Meet us at Lake Wanahoo by the main boat ramp on the west side of the lake. Handicap parking and accessible restrooms are available nearby.
WHEN ARE THE DAYS AND TIMES OF THE BOAT TRIP?
- We offer regular boat trips Monday thru Friday, April 15 through October 15.
- Evenings and weekends are reserved for special events and hospice patients and their guests.
- We are happy to work with your schedule whenever we are able.
DO YOU EVER CANCEL THE BOAT TRIP?
- Trips may be cancelled due to rain, extreme heat, or high wind conditions. Our Captains will contact your group leader or contact person.
- Lake conditions could also cause cancellations due to high or low water levels. We will keep your group informed on lake conditions.
HOW MANY WHEELCHAIRS CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE?
Our specially equipped pontoon boat can hold up to three regular size non-motorized wheel chairs per cruise.
HOW MANY GUESTS CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE PER BOAT TRIP?
Our specially equipped pontoon boat can hold 10 guests, including care center staff responsible for the group. Our volunteers will also be aboard, for a total of up to 14 persons maximum per trip.
ARE RESTROOMS AVAILABLE?
- Lake Wanahoo has ADA accessible restrooms near the boat ramp.
- There is no restroom on the pontoon boat. Guests are encouraged to use the restrooms on shore before boarding.
ARE FOOD OR BEVERAGES PROVIDED?
Bottled water will be provided to keep our guests refreshed.
DO YOU PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE?
- We encourage/practice catch and release on our boat trips. We believe in proper stewardship of the natural resources entrusted to us, and for future generations to enjoy.
- Guests, staff, and volunteers are encouraged to take lots of pictures to capture memories of their catches.
- We also understand on limited occasions a catch may have special purpose or meaning and will work with guests to provide a memorable event providing all lake and State regulations are met.
IS THERE A FEE FOR THE BOAT TRIP?
- Boat trips are provided thru donations, partnerships, and grants.
- The cost per 2 hour boat trip is $300.
- Special pricing for multiple boat trip packages and all-day celebrations.
- Special pricing for hospice family boat trip.
WHO NEEDS A NEBRASKA FISHING LICENSE?
- Guests 16 years of age or older.
- Special low cost permits available for Veterans (64 and older) and Seniors (69 or older) for Nebraska residents.
- Mobile permits are also available from Outdoor Nebraska
- Online fishing regulations and additional permit information with purchase link OutdoorNebraska.org.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- You must bring a completed, signed official Live Well Go Fish Release of Liability & Photo Release form. This form is provided prior to each boat trip and is required to board the boat.
- You should bring your fishing license if you plan to fish, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat or visor, and appropriate clothing for the weather.
WHAT IS PROVIDED ON EACH BOAT TRIP?
Aboard our wheelchair accessible pontoon boat we provide volunteer fishing guides to assist our guests, rods, reels, tackle, bait, life jackets, music, binoculars for bird watching, kites, bottled drinking water, music, and plenty of fun and laughter with new faces in outdoor places.
WHAT HAPPENS IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY?
We call 911 and immediately dock the boat. Our captains & volunteers are not medically trained to administer emergency medical care. We do have a first aid kit on board for non-emergency situations.